I hate pizza’s .whether it be from the Honest here in thrissur or from the well talked about pizza hut or us pizza or efc or anywhere for that matter. Pizza’s never impressed me. I stay away from them if i can help it. It wasn’t the same thing I saw on TV, juicy , sizzling. Although every time i get them in pans ,as though to prove that they are fresh made, it wasn’t the same. Just a dough crust with some vague topping the entire flavour dedicated to , thanks to them, the oregano seasoning.

So it was when I had lost my hopes in pizza i happened to get discarded by kichu in dominoes .I was supposed to order something and wait there until he returned after getting the car back to office. If i had shown my annoyance he didn’t seemed to care. Well there wasn’t another option. So I surrendered and climbed up to the upstairs dominoes in m g road cochin .I sat at a table window so that i can keep an eye on the road. No one came to take my order. Waited for a while too preoccupied to see how things worked there. After a while i realised i had to order and pay at the counter and then they bought our order to the table.
I looked at the menu. What did i expect? Pizza pizza and more pizza. As if they would serve chicken biriyani. .hmph...i ordered a coke (for kichu,i hate coke) and fell a pizza(again for him ,i DO NOT eat pizzas) and a garlic bread with dip(for me!!!:)) did my payment to go back to my place and wait.
The wait was long. I tried to ring him quite a few times. With a few “ill be back in a minutes” and more of no-answers’ was quite pissed and almost up to the verge of getting out when a tired kichu came up the stairs. He looked exhausted and i saved the row for later. And at that moment the pizza came .I had ordered panner and tomatoes. And he exclaimed “u ordered veg??!!” and left to place another order which had chicken of course.

Dominoes served in boxes not pans. So its not even gonna be fresh??.Great..I opened the box in front of me the most divine food in the planet stared back. I just dint know it yet. Reluctant i took a piece(they actually prefer you to use your hands’) and took a bite. it was hot..and then the hard crust and melted cheese swirled in my mouth and the flavour ran through my veins. “wow” and my face burst into a Grinch grin. This was yummm. For the first time in my life i ate a pizza with flowing cheese and not the rubbery cheese flakes. I LOVE PIZZA!!!!. I had completely forgotten about the garlic bread i had ordered and remembered only after i picked all the boxes clean.


I had become a sucker for dominoes pizza. Whether i be on a diet or after lunch or not hungry i would die for 1.i wouldn’t mind eating it every day. And wouldn’t miss a chance to get one.
No comments:
Post a Comment