Monday, March 23, 2015

Waffle street , Cochin - Why I will not go there again.

I went to this place with very high expectations on Valentines Day. I came to know about this place from the lifestyle page of a newspaper. The article was impressive . The cafe belongs to an actor Asif Ali and like every other celebrity in Kerala he too had a restaurant in his name.

The first thing I noticed was that it was really small. it was a tiny quaint green cafe. We were the first customers that day and we were the only customers. The decor was different and impressive but again the place was tiny. they has a small counter with a display of confectioneries (just doughnuts and waffles). It was half the size of the smallest counter I have seen. Half of it was filled with doughnuts. Around 4 varieties a dozen of each.Nothing special.Just the usual kinds. The other half had the waffles. They looked all cold and shriveled up. Its OK they are on display right. It was around 11 and I was not in a mood for sweet . So i went for a chicken waffle with white sauce and pepper. They had a fancy name for it which i forgot.

I placed my order payed in advance and waited. 15 mins passed. The 4-5 servers cramped into the tiny kitchen space sat there doing nothing and another picked up his bike and left. Krishna joked that he had gone to get the chicken. A lady came who was supposed to be a friend of the owner and she wanted to order doughnut. All 5 staffs were busy helping her out and chit chatting. And i started getting pissed. After she left a server came and checked my bill to check the time and gave a shameless grin .It was already 30 mins since bill issue! Even dominoes delivers their pizza faster than this and they cant do a bloody waffle?

And in another 10 mins they served . A cold shriveled up chewy waffle with a cold topping!. What the hell . Why did they open this place up if they cant serve their name properly.Such a waste of my precious time and money.It was utter nonsense served on a plate. The food court stalls do better than this. I was really irritated with the whole episode. Thank you Waffle Street for ruining my Valentines day and Thank You Brunton Boatyard for making up for it later on .

Food: 1/5
Decor/Ambiance: 4/5
Service:1/5

Will i go back there again?
No Never Ever

No comments:

Post a Comment