One of the many things I missed from Bangalore is the donuts there. There were many doughnut places in Bangalore near my house and office. We even had excellent donuts at work as we had an 'Au bon pain' in our cafeteria. We used to have a MAD OVER DONUTS in the Inorbit Mall near the office . They have this Thursday offer where when you buy 4 doughnuts you get another 4 free!.There was one in Phoenix Mall which Krishna and I used to buy from. They made the best donuts.Ever. And it was always crowded.
I do not crave sweets. I am more of a spice person unlike Krishna who is a kid when it comes to chocolates , ice creams and pastries. Must be from hogging down all that sweets from the ghee and sugar overloaded iyer household. I love cinnamon donuts and the classic ones. They are my all time favorites.
So when i came down to Cochin and started craving doughnuts one day I tried to brush it aside. I mean i didn't know where to find them. So i conveniently forgot about it and didn't even mention it to Krishna and went about with my life.
But one evening Krishna surprised me with this box of assorted doughnuts from Donut factory . And it was yummy. I was presently surprised to taste them . I had bought a box of doughnuts from Lulu hypermarket here and it was a disappointment. So my expectations were really low. But they were amazing.Not too sweet. Just the perfect size . The ones from Lulu were huge and too sweet. The toppings too were very unique and different. None of the flavors were over powering.The cinnamon one and the Mango filled ones where my favorite. The chocolate one wasn't bad either considering that I am not much of a chocolate person .Donut factory is going to be my go to place for doughnuts here in Cochin. Until i find another one.
Will i go back there again?
Yup , until i find more places.
I do not crave sweets. I am more of a spice person unlike Krishna who is a kid when it comes to chocolates , ice creams and pastries. Must be from hogging down all that sweets from the ghee and sugar overloaded iyer household. I love cinnamon donuts and the classic ones. They are my all time favorites.
So when i came down to Cochin and started craving doughnuts one day I tried to brush it aside. I mean i didn't know where to find them. So i conveniently forgot about it and didn't even mention it to Krishna and went about with my life.
But one evening Krishna surprised me with this box of assorted doughnuts from Donut factory . And it was yummy. I was presently surprised to taste them . I had bought a box of doughnuts from Lulu hypermarket here and it was a disappointment. So my expectations were really low. But they were amazing.Not too sweet. Just the perfect size . The ones from Lulu were huge and too sweet. The toppings too were very unique and different. None of the flavors were over powering.The cinnamon one and the Mango filled ones where my favorite. The chocolate one wasn't bad either considering that I am not much of a chocolate person .Donut factory is going to be my go to place for doughnuts here in Cochin. Until i find another one.
Will i go back there again?
Yup , until i find more places.
.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment