Monday, April 6, 2015

Baskin Robins - Red Velvet Icecream Cake

After the cheese cake love I wanted to try Red velvet Cake badly. But even in Bangalore I couldn't find a place which had them. We used to have a French Loaf and a Cake Lady right near where we stayed in Kasturi Nagar but the stock in there was pathetic. Even French loaf only had the regular pastries like Black forest ,White Forest etc and custom made cakes. I forgot about the Red Velvet Cake and made a mental note to search for them when we go to some high end places.

And then I went to Chennai recently and it was Krish's aunts birthday. I happened to go with his cousin to the Adyar French Loaf to collect her cake. Adyar French Loaf was a huge surprise when compared to any other pastry shops I have seen. It had every thing from Rainbow cakes, chocolate eclairs , apple tarts, Easter eggs and even my Red velvet cake roll !. I so wanted to grab one at that very moment but the time was not right. Krish promised we will get one on the way to the airport but we were running late.Missed it again.

Again after one later night roaming in Cochin at 9 pm we stopped at this one Jockey store in thripunithura to get some essentials.:P and there just happened to be a Baskin Robins right next to it.While sis and I went shopping Krish went to check the ice creams. I wanted to have an icecream cake and he came back saying they had just what I wanted, They had a Red Velvet Icecream cake! I took home one and even with the cold and throat infection dug into a mega slice. The first slice was heaven to me, But later the next day the cake part felt a little bitter. I dunno if its supposed to taste like that now. My next cake will say.:)
YUMMY ICE CREAM  CAKE ALERT!

THE RED VELVET ICE CREAM CAKE WITH BUTTER SCOTCH ICE CREAM

MY SLICE, THE CAKE LOOKED A BIT SQUASHED , MUST BE CAUSE OF THE TRAVEL HOME. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A PERFECT ROLL



No comments:

Post a Comment