Monday, April 6, 2015

Tried and Tasted - 1

This is the part where I try recipes from the Internet. :P. I can cook . When there is a recipe. I totally suck at cooking when the recipe is mine. And plain vague instructions wont do. I need step by step recipes where I can refer and re refer. Not all recipes appeal to me. Here are a few dishes I tried from the website Raks Kitchen. Here there are step by step picture recipes of various vegetarian dishes. And many of them are Tamil Iyer cuisine .Even better:D. Now I can make Iyer food and impress Krish and the in laws. I tried a few simple dishes from there and some of these even I am surprised that I pulled it off. Under the pictures are the link towards the original recipe. If i can do it anyone can.
 What I really wanted to make this day was the Crispy fried Cauliflower since I had made it before and it came out brilliant. But the cauliflower sort of burns and shrinks in volume when I make that. Krish liked it anyway. Cauliflower is Krish's favorite. So one evening when Krish wanted to snack on something ' I made' I decided to try this out. It was nearly perfect except I added a little too much baking soda than I had intended to. Too much soda can give you a bloated stomach .Although we didn't have a problem I would watch out for it next time.
 I had heard about this from my MIL but never tasted it. When I went to Chennai my aunt gave me the Manga Thokke she made. I dunno how it was different from the regular pickle but i loved it anyway and packed some home. I found this recipe and decided to make it. It came out yumm. 4 days from making and the bottle is empty already.I would add a little less mustard next time though .
 I had always wanted to make normal kerala parathas at home. But was too scared. Parathas were in the category of impossible dishes for me. And then I came across this recipe. When I started to try out I was sure it was gonna flop and I will have to roll out chapattis later but it came out well. Only thing is that should let it cook for some time in medium flame or the thick insides wont get cooked. Much healthier alternative to the Kerala Parathas.


I tried this one after his aunt suggested . None of us are big fans of mooli(Raddish) and its blant taste.But i tried these anyway. It came out well and tasted OK but I don't think we would fancy having it anymore.
I found this recipe and had to make it cause I am a sucker for anything with cheese in it. Dieting can go to hell when it comes to cheese:P. Just to get the color I went all the way to Lulu Hyper Market and bought the colored Capsicums and waited an hour to get it billed. Hehe. But it paid of. The yummy capsicum and gooey cheese. Krish ate this without a side dish and that's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment